Vacation – The highlight of my month was (of course) my holiday vacation! I took a full two weeks off of work to go back to Texas and spend the holidays with my family. Living so far away from them is hard for me, I miss my family so much! Typically when my husband or I get to back to Texas, only one of us goes because it’s hard for both of us to be away (not only the cost of two flights, but we have to find someone to take care of our dogs too!). We were very excited to both be in Texas at the same time and be able to spend time with both of our families. We had a great trip and were lucky enough to see so many of our friends and family that we don’t get to see very often. We miss them already!
Christmas – I got some fantastic things for Christmas, including some bookish things! Even though I don’t really do hauls, I want to share my bookish Christmas gifts so I’m planning on doing a haul post and video soon. Keep and eye out for that! 🙂
Movies and TV
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens – Of course the best movie of the month was the new Star Wars movie! I mentioned in my November wrap up that when my sister was visiting for Thanksgiving we binged all six episodes of Star Wars because she hadn’t seen them yet. My husband and I waited until we were back in Texas to go see this movie so we could see it with her! We saw it on the night of Christmas, not only with my sister but a bunch of my cousins and my dad too. It was a great ending to the day and we loved it! I really want to see it again while it’s in theaters but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.
The Hateful Eight – My husband is a big Tarantino fan, so of course we had to go see this! We saw it while were in Texas visiting family – we got to see it with his family! I enjoy Tarantino movies, even though I’m not as big of a fan as he is. I really enjoyed this one! The mystery definitely kept me on my toes and I thought the story was so interesting. I had no idea that Channing Tatum was in it. I have been a Channing Tatum fan from the beginning, ever since Step Up (anyone else a Step Up fan??), but he still really surprised me! Channing Tatum is really upping his acting game! I’m really impressed and can’t wait to see the new Coen brothers movie he is in.
Hamilton – I don’t often talk about music here on the blog. I do listen to music, but I’m one of those people who tends to listen to the same stuff over and over for a few months before moving on. I’m not sure when exactly I started listening to the musical Hamilton, but its my newest musical obsession. It has literally been all I’ve listened to for months now! I love musicals and this one is so unique and amazing. I’m officially #hamiltontrash – no joke. I love following that hashtag as well as any other Hamilton related hashtag (including #Force4Ham – it’s priceless) on Twitter. I’ve also learned so much about Alexander Hamilton because of it. I’m dying to see the musical live, but I don’t know if that will ever happen (fingers crossed!). If you enjoy musicals, you HAVE to check this one out. It’s all on Spotify!
Blogging – My blogging schedule was a bit sporadic during December and then non-existent by the time I went on vacation. The holidays have totally thrown me out of whack as far as blogging and booktubing. I’ve finally getting back on the wagon – so bear with me while I get caught up (although I don’t think I’ve ever felt completely caught up LOL – one day it will happen!). Here is a recap of what went up on the blog in December:
- Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness ★★★★★
- Snowscape by Patrick Ness ★★★★
- Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken ★★★★★
- The Diviners by Libba Bray ★★★
- 1 Year Blogversary + Giveaway!!
- TTT: New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
- Bookworm Confessions: I Don’t Buy Books
- TTT: Best Books I Read In 2015
- November Wrap Up
- T5W: Series I Want To Start Next Year
December Books Read (Reviews Coming!):
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo – Challenges – Flights of Fantasy, 2015 Prequel & Sequel
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo – Challenges – Flights of Fantasy, 2015 Prequel & Sequel
- The Witch of Duva Leigh Bardugo – Challenges – Flights of Fantasy, 2015 Prequel & Sequel
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell – Challenges – Flights of Fantasy
- Attack on Titan Volume 1 by Hajime Isayama – Challenges – Flights of Fantasy
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater – Challenges – 2015 Prequel & Sequel
BookTube – I did pretty good with my videos this month and got four of them posted!
- 1 Year Blogversary & Giveaway!
- I Don’t Buy Books | Bookworm Confession
- November 2015 | Wrap Up
- Series I want to Start Next Year | #T5W