- Pokemon Go – Our Pokemon Go habit continues, and even kicked up a notch this month. Niantic, the creators of the game, had a special event going on during the week of Thanksgiving. There was double XP and stardust event going on and we tried to take advantage of it as much as possible. We even dubbed it “Operation Level 30” for me because I was level 27 at the beginning of the event. I’m proud to say the operation was successful and I’m now officially a level 30 Pokemon trainer. 🙂 Those of you who play – you know how bad ass that is!
- Family Photos – “J” and I took some family photos this month (can I call it family photo’s if it’s just the two of us? LOL). I spent the first part of the month completely stressing out about what we were going to wear. I spent more time shopping for clothes this month than I have in a very long time. We took them at the beach and, while I haven’t seen all of them yet, the few that I’ve seen are beautiful! I can’t wait to see how the rest turned out.
- Sister Visit – Every year for the past 3 years, my younger sister, Mariah, has come to visit me for Thanksgiving. It’s become a fun tradition for us. This year we spent the day before Thanksgiving reading for the #BFRaT (we celebrated black friday early :P). Then we spent Thanksgiving at Six Flags – which was something we did last year too! Last year there were hardly any lines, but I guess everyone else got that memo too because this year there were a TON more people there. Maybe they were all there to play Pokemon! 😛 We met up with our Aunt and Uncle and spent the day with them there. Then my sister went with them to California Adventure while I went home and worked the day after Thanksgiving. Mariah spent the whole week with me and we definitely got some quality time together.
- Cross Stitching – Most of you probably don’t know this, but I used to cross stitch a lot! It was my main hobby before I came back to reading and picked up blogging a couple years ago. I got the urge to pick up my last WIP over the Thanksgiving week. I spent a good amount of time that week working on it and I hope I continue! I’ve been updating my progress on Twitter using the hashtag #bookwormcrossstitch. I hope other bookworm-cross stitchers will share their WIPs too! If you cross stitch, use the hashtag so we can all cheer you on!
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – I saw this movie with Mariah while she was in town and it was AMAZING! I’m really excited to see more of the series. I love that this is the start of something so much bigger than just a story about Newt Scamander and the book he wrote. I saw a couple great reviews of the movie – one by Paper Faerie and one by Impression Blend – that I recommend checking out!
- #bookblogvember – I hosted a blogging challenge in the month of November that was inspired by NaNoWriMo. I pretty much epically failed at my goals, but some progress is better than nothing! (
How embarrassing to fail at your own challenge!) November just ended up being a lot busier than I anticipated (re:shopping for photoshoot clothing!). I also hosted a Twitter chat and giveaway at the end of the month. It was my first Twitter chat to host and, while I was nervous, I think it went pretty well! Here is how I did on my goals:
- Write rough drafts of 30 blog posts over the month of November – I wrote rough drafts of 10 posts over the month.
- Get through book review backlog – This didn’t happen either. I wrote 5 of my reviews from my back log. I hate to admit it but I still have many left. Womp womp.
- Post at least 3 times a week – I accomplished this 1 week out of 4 (I’m combining the first and last weeks of November into one since they are both partial weeks). I had two weeks of posting twice. The week my sister came to visit (Thanksgiving week) I only posted once, but that’s understandable! I was hoping to have more of a buffer by then.. which brings me to my last goal….
- Create a schedule buffer – This didn’t happen either. I’m still basically posting as soon as I complete something. I hope one day I will accomplish this dream of a schedule buffer! I won’t give up until I get there 😛
- #BFRaT – I participated in the Black Friday Readathon this year, hosted by Amber @ Du Livre and Mocha Girls Read. I had to work on ACTUAL Black Friday, so I celebrated on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving instead. My goal was to read for a total of 8 hours, which was actually a lot harder than I thought! I ended up reading for 6.5 hours and didn’t quite make my goal. This was the night we went to go see the new HP movie. If it wasn’t for the movie, I definitely would have made my goal! That’s a good excuse though, right? This readathon is what got me cross stitching again! During the readathon I wanted to listen to my audiobook, and that led to me picking up my cross stitch WIP while listening. I had a blast during the readathon, so THANK YOU to Amber and Mocha Girls Read!
- No more reading slump? – I had an average reading month with finishing 5 books! I’m definitely feeling less slumps these days, although I’m not necessarily on fire or anything. After having a bit of a lull in my reading, I’m happy to be back to average!
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon ★★★★½
- The Cryptic Lines by Richard Storry ★★★½
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★★
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black ★★★★½
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas ★★
- Slasher Girls and Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke (short story collection) – Challenges – Backlist Books, Reading Bingo
- Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica
- The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey – Challenges – Backlist Books, Prequel & Sequel
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil – Challenges – Backlist Books
- Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie – Challenges – Backlist Books
- Monster Mash October | Monthly Recommendations
- Subscribe to my channel if you don’t want to miss any new videos!
November Books Read (Reviews Coming!):
Sadly, I only posted one video in the month of November, and it was a belated Monthly Recommendations for October. I was so busy focusing on #bookblogvember (not that that worked so well 😛 ) that I didn’t have much time for my channel. Hoping for better next month! I even have some footage I’m already editing, so fingers crossed!