- Visiting TX (and wedding dress shopping!) – I spent the first week of December visiting my family in TX. The main point of the visit was to get some wedding things related done – such as find a wedding dress! I tried on a ton of dresses (and found THE ONE) and met with my wedding coordinator during this week. If you want to see some of the dresses I tried on, check out the two vlogs listed below under the Booktube section! I ended the week with a little bit of relaxation with a spa day with my mom. It was quite the whirlwind of a weekend, but super productive and (of course) it was amazing to spend some time with my family.
- Christmas – I was back in CA with “J” for Christmas. Since it was just the two of us, we didn’t do a whole lot. We didn’t participate in many gift exchanges this year, partly because we were stuck in CA and partly because we are still saving for the wedding. The only thing I got done over my Christmas three day weekend was a lot of cross stitching and reading! Sounds perfect, right?
- Rogue One – We saw Rogue One the day after Christmas. I’m a pretty big Star Wars fan, so I had been looking forward to this movie for a quite a while. It didn’t quite live up to my expectations (I had pretty high expectations) but was still a pretty good movie! It was exciting and full of action (well, at the end LOL) but it was lacking a little in the character development department. Overall though, it was still enjoyable and I definitely recommend it!
- New Years – On New Years Eve I went to LA and spent some quality time with an old friend and her family. It was really great to catch up with her and we all had dinner together – it was just like old times. We also did a puzzle together and played a game that night. I had a blast and I see more puzzle dates in our future. I had another three day weekend for New Years, and once again I didn’t do much except read! Reading is the best way to be lazy LOL.
I had a pretty mediocre blogging month with a total of 6 posts, only one of which was a book review! I was pretty busy with going out of town at the beginning of the month. Then the holidays just made me lazy! I just wanted to laze around and read – and that’s exactly what I did. I read a total of 6 books and that is awesome! Anytime I read more than 3 or 4 books in a month, I count that as a win in my book.
- 2 Year Blogversary + Giveaway!
- November 2016 Wrap Up
- Q&A Part 1 – Bookish Questions
- Q&A Part 2 – Personal Questions
- 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge TBR
December Books Read (Reviews Coming!):
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Challenges – Backlist Books, TBR Jar Challenge
- The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – Challenges – Backlist Books, Flights of Fantasy
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan – Challenges – Backlist Books, Flights of Fantasy, Reading Bingo
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows – Challenges – Backlist Books, Flights of Fantasy
I posted two Q&A videos in December as part of my 1 year on booktube celebration – one full of bookish questions and one full of more personal questions. I had a blast making those videos and I hope you guys enjoyed getting to know me a little better. Then, I decided to participate in Vlogmas. Vlogmas is a youtube tradition where you vlog every day in December until Christmas. I’m still in the process of posting my blogs, but I was successful and have some footage from every day up until Christmas.
- 1 Year Q&A Part 1 | Q&A
- 1 Year Q&A Part 2 | Q&A
- Vlogmas Nov 30 – Dec 2 | Vlogs
- Vlogmas Dec 3 – Dec 5 | Vlogs
- Subscribe to my channel if you don’t want to miss any new videos!