It’s been a very long time since I’ve posted anything on the blog. I’ve had a lot of things going on in my personal life and I was juggling too many things – keeping up with my blog was one of the first things to go. I’ve also been on hiatus on Twitter for months and stopped posting on my BookTube channel long ago as well. Basically, my book life hasn’t existed for the past few months. I’m not sure if anyone missed ME, but I definitely missed the book world!
What I’ve Been Up To
Started a new position at work
- I changed positions at work. I’m now working in a different department and with a new group of people. While the initial transition was a bit stressful since I had so many new things to learn, I’ve really enjoyed it so far! It’s always great to take opportunities to learn new things – am I right??
Moved half way across the country
- That’s right – we moved from southern California back to north Texas to be closer to friends and family. While we loved living in CA, we really missed our loved ones and are so happy to be back. I’ve already noticed I have less free time compared to when I lived in CA simply because I have more people I want to spend time with – which is great for my social life, but makes my internet life a little harder 🙂
- Before I left the great state of CA, I was lucky to be able to attend YALLWest in Santa Monica at the end of April. This was my second year to attend this book festival and I had a blast! I got to hang out with some dear bookish friends as well as meet some amazing authors. Now that I won’t be local to the festival, I’m not sure I will be able to attend next year. But I hear there are some great book festivals here in TX as well, so I’m excited to check those out. Leave your recommendations in the comments!
Planned and had a wedding
- While “J” and I have been married for a bit, we hadn’t had our larger celebration with family and friends until June of this year. I did most of the planning for the wedding myself and while the wedding had been in the works for a while, there was A LOT to be done in the last few months leading up to it. Everything turned out perfectly and we had such an amazing day. I hope to share some pictures and video from that day with you guys in the future!
Starting the process of buying a house
- Now that we are back in our home state, “J” and I would really like to buy our own house and get settled. We are currently living with family while we are looking, which we LOVE after having been out of state for 4 years. We are first time home buyers so the process has been new to us and a bit daunting. I’ll keep you updated on our progress!
Went to NYC to see Anastasia on Broadway
- Just last weekend I was in NYC (the image above is from Central Park!). I was so thrilled to have the chance to see Anastasia on Broadway. Anastasia was my FAVORITE animated film when I was growing up and when I heard they had turned it into a musical I was SO EXCITED. The musical was AMAZING, they did a great job of adapting the animated film to a Broadway musical. I also had the chance to meet Brittany @ Brittany’s Book Rambles in person and catch on up life with her. She took me to a great Korean BBQ restaurant and showed me around The Strand – thanks for showing me around girl, you da best! Then my last day in NYC I enjoyed walking through Central Park, stopping occasionally for a reading break. It was a fantastic trip all around!
My Plans for Blogging
I’m really excited to be blogging again and I’m hoping to get on a more regular schedule. I’ve decided to make some changes to my content, because what I had been trying to do wasn’t working for me. Ever since I started this blog, I tried really hard to post a book review of EVERY book that I read. While this worked well in the beginning when I was only reading a couple books a month, I quickly was reading so too many books and I wasn’t able to keep up with reviewing every one. I’ve finally decided to give up on reviewing every book here – trying to do that was stressing me out and taking the fun out of blogging.
Instead, I’ll be writing short reviews of all the book I read on my GoodReads account and do a monthly wrap up on the blog with links to those reviews. I will also be posting weekly Currently Reading posts, and some tags or memes (such as Top Ten Tuesday or Waiting on Wednesdays), monthly wrap ups, and updates from my BookTube channel. This plan is definitely a work in progress – I’ll see how it goes and change things if it doesn’t work for me. Feel free to leave me ideas for posts in the comments – whether its other tags or memes you enjoy seeing or ideas for discussion posts.