This week I’ve been reading Fire Study, the third book in Study series by Maria V Snyder. I’m only about 100 pages in, but I’m sad to say that it hasn’t quite caught my attention as much as I had hoped. I LOVED the first book in this series, Poison Study, but the second and now this third book definitely haven’t lived up to the first book for me. From what I remember, Poison Study had great character depth in addition to a great plot. While the sequel had a great plot as well, I feel like the character depth has disappeared. It’s almost like now that the characters have been established, the author isn’t developing the characters to the same level as in the first book. Maybe it’s just me, but that’s how I’m feeling!
I’m definitely not giving up though! I know the plot will pick up soon, and even if the characters have become a bit flat to me, I still enjoy these characters and want to see what will happen to them. Sometimes when I’m struggling with a book, I’ll check out what my friends have said on GoodReads. The reviews are great for the most part so I’m definitely continuing with the book. Slow and steady wins the race right?
The second book on my GoodReads Currently Reading shelf is And I Darken by Kiersten White. This is a reread I’m doing on audio to prepare for the sequel, Now I Rise, which just released recently. And I Darken was one of my FAVORITE reads from last year and I’m very excited to continue this series. I haven’t had much time to listen to this book this week, but I’ve really enjoyed spending time with these characters that have such a special place in my heart.
- Cait @ Paper Fury – WHAT SHOULD THE PERFECT YA EPIC FANTASY LOOK LIKE? – Cait is HILARIOUS and if you don’t follow her blog YOU SHOULD. I loved her thoughts on the perfect YA epic fantasy.
- Thinking Through Our Fingers – Mindful Details: Paying Attention to the World Around You – I’ve started following some writing advice blogs and this is one I enjoy reading.
- Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews – 6 Popular Books or Series I’m Not Interested In – I love hearing about people going against the grain when it comes to the book world!
- Game of Thrones – Season 7 of GOT premiered last Sunday!! “J” and I had been rewatching Season 5 and 6 leading up to the premiere. This is by FAR our favorite show, so of course we were SUPER excited. Not a WHOLE lot happened in the premiere, but it definitely got us excited for the rest of the season.
- Big Brother 19 – Big Brother is my summer guilty pleasure! I look forward to this show every summer, even though I hardly watch any reality TV. This season has definitely started out with a BANG and there has been SO MUCH DRAMA. It’s bee awesome! 😀
- Westworld – Randomly, “J” and I have started watching Westworld this week. We’ve gotten about 3 episodes into the first season. While the world is very intriguing, its not nearly as action packed or exciting as I had anticipated.
- Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes – Reading Hyped Books | BOOK CHAT – Love Sam and all her videos. She makes some great points in this video!
- Trina @ Between Chapters – Audiobook Wrap Up | #5 – I love audiobooks and I love Trina’s channel!
- Sara @ SarawithoutanH – JUNE WRAP UP | 2017 – Sara is hilarious and her wrap ups are so honest and to the point.
- Impression Blend – Game of Thrones: Season 7 Episode 1 “Dragonstone” | Recap + Review – Obviously, don’t watch this if you’re not caught up! I promise I won’t list the GOT recap every week, but I was so excited about this premiere that I HAD to include this video. I love this channel and it’s great for people who enjoy reading AND movies/television because she reviews both!
- Kristen Martin – Determining the Genre of your Book – Love this channel! She gives great writing advice as well.
- JessFACE90 – How I Clean Up My Nails – I have a bit of a nail polish obsession, and I love Jess’s channel. This video has some good tips on creating manicures that look perfect!
- Bridget Casey – Setting Your Money on FIRE – This video is inspiring when it comes to Financial Independence.
- And, last but not least, the video from my wedding in June was posted this week! In case you’re interested… I’ve definitely watched this video more than a few times this week LOL.
- Finding Neverland Broadway Musical – My sister and I went to see this musical yesterday. I’m a HUGE Peter Pan fan, and I had loved the movie by the same name years ago, so I was really looking forward to this. Surprisingly, I was a little put off by the first half of the musical. I hadn’t realized it was a musical COMEDY and it just wasn’t what I was expecting. However, by the end of the musical I had gotten hooked and really enjoyed it overall!